As the weather warms up and insects become more active, we’ve been spending lots of time on the phone lately helping customers determine if they have flying ants or swarming termites. Here’s what to look for when trying to tell the difference between termites and flying ants …
- Wings sit at a 45 degree angle off the back.
- Wings stay attached to the ants.
- Three distinct body segments
- Wings lay flat against the back and extend well beyond the body.
- Wings fall off shortly after swarming.
- Two body segments.