A clean house does not mean you won't have cockroaches. Cockroaches
hitch a ride in bags of potatoes, brown grocery bags, bunches of bananas, or
anything with enough space or darkness for them to hide.
Types of Cockroach
- German Cockroach - German cockroaches are pale to medium
brown in color and about 1/2" to 5/8" long. They can be distinguished
from other roaches by the two dark stripes on the back of the head.
- Oriental Cockroach or Water bug - Oriental cockroaches are very dark
brown to almost black in color and grow up to 1 1/4" long. They prefer
dark basements, beneath mulch in flower beds, and other high moisture
- American Cockroach known as the Palmetto bug in the South - The American
cockroach is reddish brown with a band of yellow around the head and grows
to 1 1/2" or more in length. The prefer moist locations, such as under
sinks, bathtubs, floor drains, damp basements and other warm moist
- Brown Banded Cockroach - Brown Banded Cockroaches are one of the smaller
members of the cockroach family, growing to about 1/2" in length. They
are light brown with two lighter bands running across the base of the wings
and abdomen. They do not need to be located near moisture as the other
members of the cockroach family require and are often seen in bedrooms, on
ceilings, behind pictures and in closets.
- A thorough visual inspection is the first step in controlling cockroaches
- Keep countertops cleared, dishes washed and put away, pet food and water
bowls washed and dried , food sealed in containers, and garbage removed or
- Glue boards or sticky traps can help identify the problem.
- Call or
email us to request information or an
appointment for cockroach control.